Consumer Reports is at it again. The organization’s latest lawn care survey reveals that Americans have some interesting lawn care and lawn mowing perceptions and habits.
Poll findings we think are particularly noteworthy:
- 32% found mowing relaxing, good exercise or nice private time
- Most homeowners would trade part of their lawn for something else, including fake grass (12%)
- Only 5% said they wanted to enlarge their lawn
- 4% reported that they text and talk on the phone while mowing
- 8% admit to boozing while mowing
Lawn-care is an activity that one must dress for, but according to poll results, many were dressed to kill, or at least injure themselves. Over three-quarters of respondents (77%) didn’t wear hearing protection, and over half (54%) wore shorts. Having close-toed shoes are also not a concern for 14 percent of Americans.
Do you have any opinions about law mowing or lawn care that you’d like to share? Leave a comment and let us know.